Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Running with (potato) chips

We were told that we were going to be doing a potato chip run. I thought that meant running to my water stops and eating chips. What a great way to stay motivated on an 8-mile run! HA! Come to find out, we had to just hold the chips during the run. So here I was, hungry at 6pm, running with two potato chips in my hand, and trying to relax without breaking the potato chips. Sounds silly huh? Well, it worked. I managed to slow my breathing, concentrate on keeping my hands relaxed, and I finished strong. After 3 miles Geezer lets us eat them up. During the last five miles I practiced holding my thumb and middle finger together to relax my body, mind, and spirit. Now, I'm just wondering if that technique will work while I'm teaching freshman. Stay tuned to find out.

1 comment:

Mel Ferro Cole said...

this is so funny! your training sounds intense but FUN! I'm rooting you on :)love that you have a blog too :)