Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Plantar Fasciitis

This week, I completed my 16-mile run three minutes faster than last, but it didn't come without pain and suffering. Around mile 10, I started to feel a burning pain in the arch of my right foot. I finished the run and visited the Rogue doctor on staff. He started to massage my foot and I almost had a heart attack because it hurt like hell. He told me that I have plantar fasciitis. Basically, it's the most painful and the most difficult to relieve according to my coach, Geezer. Well....mother f**king s**t is what I have to say about that. I was told to freeze a bottle of water and roll my foot across it, limit my running, and work on building my strength in other ways for a while. In addition, I am going to try barefoot running to see if that helps because it's quite possible that my shoes just aren't the right ones. I'm going to give the barefoot thing a try tomorrow. If it hurts worse, I'm going to the doctor. If it's better, then I guess I'll start searching for a new shoe that's only made of a small sole and a couple of strings. Until next time.

No comments: